- Simple Dice Chain: This dice chain includes the following dice types, from smallest to largest: d2 => d3 => d4 => d6 => d8 => d10 => d12 => d20; it reflects the polyhedral dice most commonly used in RPGs.
- Extended Dice Chain: This dice chain includes more dice, including the "funky" dice. This dice chain includes the following dice types, from smallest to largest: d2 => d3 => d4 => d5 => d6 => d7 => d8 => d10 => d12 => d14 => d16 => d20 => d24 => d30; this is the dice chain used by the majority of DCC systems.
- Upkeep Turn: This is an abstract unit of time that occurs between adventures. It may be as little as a week or as much as a month; after one month of between adventure "down time," a subsequent Upkeep Turn is entered.
- Interests: An Interest is an area of activity that can serve as either a Goal or a Temptation. Typical Interests include Food, Drink, Lore and Influence.
- Goals: Goals are Interests that PCs actively pursue, pouring resources into positive results related to these Interests.
- Temptations: In many ways the opposite of Goals, Temptations are Interests that may be said to pursue PCs. In short, Temptations are Interests that tempt the PCs into spending resources on pursuing them rather than a PC's Goals, often to a negative result.
These definitions exist merely to clear up a few concepts in Edgar's original post and so I can talk about some very specific things in precise ways. More is coming soon on this system, so watch out!